Reportsto: Senior Director, Marketing & Audience Development
Status: Full-time, exempt
Lyric Opera of Chicago exists to provide a broad, deep and relevant cultural service to the Chicago region and the nation and to advance the development of the art form of opera. Lyric Unlimited, a division of Lyric Opera of Chicago, offers a multifaceted program of education, community engagement and artistic initiatives.
We are searching for an experienced marketing manager to create and execute promotional plans for Lyric Unlimited programs and performances. This includes the simultaneous coordination and implementation of advertising and promotions for multiple strands of educational, engagement, and artistic activity to diverse audiences in Chicago. The position reports to the Senior Director, Marketing and Audience Development and collaborates closely with the Vice President, Lyric Unlimited and the Lyric Unlimited team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Meet regularly with the Lyric Unlimited team to understand full scope of ongoing and new programming, including key events, performances and activities.
· In collaboration with the Vice President, Lyric Unlimited, establish success metrics for each event.
· Conceive and oversee innovative marketing plans to accomplish established success metrics.
· Develop a schedule for promotions of each strand of Lyric Unlimited activity.
· Identify needs for advertising, direct mail, print pieces, e-promotions, and social media.
· Draft messaging, route for proofing, and execute email campaign for Lyric Unlimited programs and performances. Coordinate schedule with Lyric’s marketing team.
· Interface with designers (internal and external) and with Lyric’s Marketing Creative Project Manager to produce print pieces.
· Occasionally perform basic design layout for email headers, flyers, and collateral materials.
· Monitor tickets sales and reservations. Coordinate with Ticket Office to support ticketing needs for off-site performances.
· Oversee Lyric Unlimited content on the Lyric Opera website with the support of Lyric’s Digital Marketing team to ensure seamless messaging of events and up to date information through each phase of the programming.
· Work with Lyric’s Social Media Coordinator to promote and highlight programs, performances and events.
· Interface with Lyric Unlimited partner organizations to promote events and activities and to coordinate ticketing as needed.
· As a representative of the company, provide on-site support for events as needed, organizing and distributing promotional materials, and interfacing with individuals who may have questions about programs or events.
· Lead production of performance programs and other print materials for performances and events.
· Capture and compile audience information and create reports.
· Ensure adherence to established project timelines and milestones.
· Identify opportunities for PR related to programming, unique opportunities, high profile artist involvement, etc. and provide leads to Lyric’s communications department to follow through on with relation to press and publicity.
· Submit and track all invoices and payments to vendors.
· Monitor program marketing budgets.
· Additional duties as assigned.
· Ability to work evening or weekend functions, events or performances at the Civic Opera House and at off-site venues.
· Work will occasionally take place at multiple locations.
· Sitting for extended periods of time.