The Cairn Project is a workshop and exhibition series created by artist Corinne Peterson that enables an outlet for creative expression for victims of trauma. Peterson is currently seeking volunteers interested in contributing to the process of archiving digital content and creating access through searchable online records. See the Cairn Project Online Archive currently in development.
This volunteer opportunity is for anyone interested in the intersection of art, archives, and social justice. It will also provide experience for a volunteer to learn digital asset management skills useful for entering the field of archiving or library science.
· Basic Photoshop proficiency, audio editing proficiency also a plus
· Acute attention to detail
· Strong interest creating and following organizational systems
Experience you will gain:
· How to create and use inventory numbers to track physical and digital assets in order to create searchable records
· Workflow practices for building and maintaining metadata records
· How to build a digital exhibition and searchable online archive