MFA’s Visual Arts Program
Maywood Fine Arts offers visual arts instruction from September through May every year.
The current goals of the program are to:
Introduce students to a variety of artistic mediums/materials and techniques
Introduce students to art history through established artist’s work
We also have a long-term goal of creating a multi-tier curriculum so students who return to the program each year can grow as artists. We would like to work collaboratively with our art teachers to create and implement this curriculum.
MFA Arts Instructor
· Pay Rate: Starts at $22 per hour (skills and experience will be considered)
· Dates: September 8, 2018 through May 18, 2019 (Full School Year with Holiday weeks off)
· Frequency: One hour classes - number of classes negotiable – includes paid set up/clean up time - Weeknights (Monday-Thursday) and/or Saturdays
· Description: Visual Arts instruction with lesson format provided and guidelines for the year’s curriculum – welcome team teaching
· Ages: 6-8 year olds, 9-11 year olds and 12 & Up year old