FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Exercising broad general knowledge of technology, strong analytical thinking and excellent communication skills, work within the framework of the CSOA Information Technology department to contribute to the successful realization of the department’s primary objective: Supporting the achievement of the CSOA mission through the production of information that is clear and comprehensible; allowing for sophisticated analysis leading to knowledge that informs leadership in ways that enable them to make appropriate choices for the business.
As a technology enabler, you will apply design to information; organize, emphasize and visualize; and assist the organization in moving through stages that transform data into information, information into knowledge, and knowledge into action.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
With a primary focus on the Tessitura environment:
- Develop, test, implement, maintain and/or document components of solutions, in part or in whole, that serve to deliver positive business outcomes as identified in various department and organization business plans.
- Document processes, procedures and policies utilized in the fulfillment of department objectives.
- Maintain accurate logs of time spent on various tasks and objectives as required to ensure the department’s ability to measure achievement and effectiveness.
- Other specific tasks that could be assigned; including but not limited to:
- Design, development, implementation and maintenance of custom data based applications, procedures or automated scripts.
- Design, development, implementation and maintenance of data based web applications, web pages, content management systems and other related web technologies.
- Troubleshooting and resolution of issues involving the application and/or use of technical solutions at CSOA.
- Implementation of standards, procedures and conventions needed to maintain data integrity while meeting the needs of organization wide use of technical systems.
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and practices as related to the use of technology at CSOA.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Reports to the Director of Information Technology.
- Collaborates with other members of the Information Technology Department.
- Interacts with all levels of staff with regards to the Tessitura system.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Practical understanding and experience working with the following:
- The Tessitura system and all its component modules and parts
- Coding/scripting/programming using Microsoft T-SQL
- Microsoft SQL Server Management Services (SSMS)
- Report development on a Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) platform
Understanding, working knowledge and experience with the following:
- Tessitura SOAP and REST API
- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and Analysis Services (SSAS)
- One or more industry leading BI environments
Familiarity and understanding in the following areas…
- Understanding of design methodologies utilized for application design in distributed computing environments
- Common IT Service Management and Software Development Life Cycle methodologies
- Ticketing and/or fund-raising business systems in the performing arts industry
- Strong analytical abilities contributing to the ability to independently solve complex problems
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Data Processing, Computer Science, or other equivalent education or experience
- Strong and demonstrated interpersonal, communications and relationship-building skills
- Ability to work calmly, effectively and flexibly with many staff, interns and other professionals
- Ability to grasp new technical material quickly and explain it to non-technical audiences
- Ability to work on and prioritize a wide variety of complicated tasks simultaneously
- Team player with excellent customer service skills
Pleasant office environment.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.