At Hubbard Street Dance Chicago, we bring artists, art and audiences together to enrich, engage, and change lives through the experience of dance.
We are seeking a smart, mission-driven self-starter to join Hubbard Street’s Youth Dance department. Through Hubbard Street’s camps, young dancers create a series of movement studies using the techniques and processes of professional choreographers, experiencing professional dance from the ground up. Working with the professional dancers and teaching artists of Hubbard Street, aspiring young dancers of all levels will gain an understanding of how their bodies move and how to communicate through dance using improvisation and structured choreographic activities. For more advanced students, Hubbard Street has added Secondary Program camps where dancers can further develop specific technical skills and virtuosity.
Summer Teaching Assistant Fellows will have hands-on experience in dance education with Hubbard Street Dance Chicago’s renowned Youth Dance Program Summer Camps. Teaching Assistant Fellow are responsible for a wide variety of teaching and administrative support tasks.
The Summer Teaching Assistant Fellowship is a paid position, in which the Fellow is paid a monetary stipend of $500.00 at the conclusion of the Summer Session.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leading/Assisting Warm-up
- Assisting with individual students during lessons and activities
- Assisting students with daily activities such as restroom trips and snack time
- Overseeing Breaks and Snacks
- Attendance Tracking
- Assisting with Check-in/out
- Monitoring Authorization forms
- Collecting First Day Packets
- Documenting with video and photos when necessary
- Assisting with preparations and clean up