StarQuest International is a performing arts competition UNLIKE ALL OTHERS. We tour 60+ cities each year and deliver a truly unique experience to young performers. Collectively, we are a team of creative leaders with different skills and personalities who work non-stop together to deliver the best experience possible to anyone we encounter. We are looking for motivated leaders to join our touring Road Warrior team.
What POSITIONS are we looking for?
· Stage Manager: This position is not a typical SM position. Responsibilities not only include physically demanding load-ins and management of local crew, but also creating memorable experiences for our guests. SMs must develop a streamlined yet fun backstage environment for an ever-changing 500-1000 performer “cast”, while proactively leading fellow crew and running a seamless LIVE, unscripted show. Our Stage Managers are the right hand (wo)men for the Tour Managers, with the keen abilities to see multiple perspectives, excel in high energy environments, and maintain consistent positive attitudes during pressure-cooker scenarios. This position is for natural leaders with the duality of focusing on details while evolving the artistic big picture.
What QUALITIES do our Road Warriors possess?
· Innate leadership with prior experience in their field
· Impeccable logistical and problem-solving skills
· Strong communication
· Mastery of time management & multitasking
· Prior experience working in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to load in/load out & carry heavy equipment
· Skill in moving quickly through time and space
· Ability to work well on little to no sleep (And thrive while doing it!)
· Sense of humor
What’s in it for YOU?
This is a truly unique experience that will allow you to grow personally & professionally. You’ll work side by side with people who love what they do and strive to find the best way to overcome obstacles and accomplish a common goal. It is challenging, yet extremely rewarding. With this type of work and schedule, you will have a one-of-a-kind opportunity to evaluate your own skills and grow to your fullest potential.
We are hiring in 3 locations across the country by appointment only in November and December. We will not be conducting Skype interviews at this time, so please do not apply unless you are available to attend interviews in person and able to travel from New York, NY, Chicago, Illinois, or Raleigh, North Carolina throughout the season.
Mandatory Training for all Road Warriors in Raleigh, NC:
· Emcees & Company Managers: January 10 - 21, 2018
· All Other Positions: January 12 - 21, 2018
**Travel, pay, & lodging provided
· January 25th - May 28th, 2018(Excluding March 29th - April 2nd).
· You will be OFF one of the first three weekends: Jan 25-29, Feb 1-5, OR Feb 8-12
**Most weeks you will travel to the event on Thursday early morning and return home on Monday afternoon
-Positions have no union jurisdiction
-Competitive pay with seasonal and yearly increases
-Travel, food/per diem, & double occupancy lodging provided on the road