<br />TITLE: Social Media Correspondent (Part-time) Effective: 11/2017
FLSA STATUS: Part-Time
DEPARTMENT: Public Relations/Marketing and Sales
Actively engage the CSO’s audiences at home and around the world by telling the many stories of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra Association (CSOA) through social media and evolving new media to enhance brand awareness and promote ticket sales.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develop and regularly post social media content in collaboration with the Public Relations, Marketing, Content and Social Media staff, as well as the CSO Photographer, Archivist and Negaunee Music Institute (NMI) social media representative
2. Attend Chicago Symphony Orchestra (CSO) and Symphony Center Presents (SCP) rehearsals/soundchecks and concerts—particularly Thursday night CSO concerts—to prepare and post ‘in-the-moment’ social media content, including copy, photos, and videos when applicable
3. Plan and conduct video interviews with CSO musicians, as well as CSO/SCP guest artists
4. Generate ideas to tell the many stories of the CSO through new media, including bite-size narrative, video segments, native content, as well as curated content
5. Edit video content as needed
6. Facilitate social media planning process by attending CSOA content and marketing/PR meetings and plan social media within larger framework of CSOA content strategy
7. Actively build relationships with social media tastemakers/organizations that build awareness for the CSO
8. Present new promotional opportunities related to emerging social media channels or social media trends in order to build relationships with online audiences
9. Coordinate social media opportunities with CSO/SCP guest artists with their publicists or representatives
10. Research opportunities related to video content that could be activated on existing CSO social media channels
11. Capture images and video to develop specific CSO and SCP content as directed
12. Monitor engagement metrics, track trends, and create reports that summarize social media metrics for CSO channels
1. Reports to Communications and PR Manager.
2. Works closely with members of the marketing, content and public relations departments.
3. Other contacts include: CSO departments, CSO photographer, vendors, and volunteers.
Pleasant office environment.