TITLE: Senior Donor Engagement Manager
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Reporting to the Director of Donor Engagement, the Senior Donor Engagement Manager is responsible for working collaboratively with the Director, Development Office leadership, volunteer leadership and volunteers, and staff across the CSOA to ensure a consistent and proactive approach to engagement and recognition for all CSOA donor constituencies. This role serves as the principal staff liaison for the Overture Council, the CSOA’s young professional group; the Member Engagement Committee of the Governing Members; and for two of the fundraising events produced by the League of the CSOA.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Manage day to day planning and implementation of donor engagement strategies for the Governing Members via its Member Engagement committee.
2. Manage day to day planning and implementation of the Overture Council volunteer group, via its Executive, Activities, Audience Outreach, Communications, Membership and Social Media Committees.
3. Manage day to day planning, implementation and fundraising for the League of the CSOA’s signature fundraising event Fall in Love with Music luncheon and spring fundraising event A Toast to…
4. Manage day to day planning and implementation of donor engagement strategies for individual annual fund donors, including execution of recognition activities and programs for members of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra Society, such as Maestro’s Dinner, President’s Dinner and Salon Series events.
5. Develop and manage program budgets, for the above mentioned, in order to accomplish the department’s goals and objectives.
6. Other duties as assigned by the Vice President for Development and the Director of Donor Engagement.
1. Reports to the Director of Donor Engagement.
2. Other contacts: Trustees, Donors, Volunteers, Orchestra members, and Staff.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
1. Bachelor’s degree.
2. A love and appreciation of music.
3. Minimum three-five years of proven experience in donor stewardship, event planning, and budget management.
4. Demonstrated track record in relationship management with volunteers and donors.
5. Strong communication and organizational skills with proficiency in attention to detail.
6. Able to represent the CSOA in a professional manner both on the phone and in person with volunteers and donors.
7. Strong computer literacy including Microsoft Office, database and spreadsheet proficiency.
Pleasant office environment.
Hours include evenings and weekends with some travel to off-site venues within the Chicago metro area.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.