JOB TITLE: School Matinee Series Assistant
REPORTS TO: Manager, School-Based Programs
SUMMARY:Logistical and administrative support for the School Matinee Series (SMS)
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Tracks incoming teacher lesson plans and continuing professional development units
- Day-to-day management of School Matinee Series, including recruitment and review of schools and teachers; scheduling and coordination of school visits, teacher workshops and student matinees.
- Maintain correspondence between department, school administrations, and teachers of our programs
- Develop and administer Schoology and, in conjunction with Education Director and Curriculum and Instruction Associate, create and devise curricular and pedagogical content for all virtual instruction and support.
- Execute the design and printing of program-specific material
- Write and track articles, maintain deadlines, design, and coordinate printing for the program content materials
- Liaises with production and casts for teacher workshops
- Maintains Google Classroom and GSuite applications
- Experience and Education: Bachelor’s degree in education or theater for youth, or the equivalent prior work experience preferred
- Must have excellent written and verbal skills.
- Required Skills: Research, writing and copyediting skills required
- Knowledge of Tessitura, Issuu digital publishing platform, Google Classroom, and Typeform preferred
- A passion for the education of audiences of all ages and a commitment to arts and social justice a must.
Goodman Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
We are an inclusive and accessible employer; successful candidates will have experience working with diverse groups of people.
Please submit cover letter and resume to: https://www.ikrut.com/microsite/pages/Goodman Theatre/default.html
Please indicate in cover letter how you heard about this open position by listing the specific website or posting location. No phone calls, please.