ACADEMY COORDINATOR (Part-time)
RED CLAY DANCE COMPANY - CHICAGO, IL
Red Clay Dance Company is excited to request applications for the Red Clay Dance Academy Coordinator position. As an organization . “ we live to awaken "glocal" change through creating, performing and teaching African Diaspora inspired work---change that transforms cultural and socio-economic imbalances in our local and global community.”
This position will assist our Executive Artistic Director in the management and expansion of our Academy program. Task including but not limited to, academy marketing/recruitment, registration, student assessment tracking, parent/student communication, meeting/event management, generating and tracking program quality, as well as reporting status of tasks and meeting critical deadlines.
- Serves approximately 30 families annually, targeting some of Chicago’s most marginalized communities.
- Providing tuition based after-school and Saturday dance training classes.
- The home for the pre-professional Red Clay Dance Youth Ensemble.
- Artist in Residence at Fuller Park.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage all aspects of Academy operations.
- Respond to Academy inquiries via phone, email or in person.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the dance studio and storage closet.
- Maintains confidentiality of all records and information.
- Provide student services coverage, covering all student needs, i.e. first aid, calls home, appointments with administrators, copies needed, etc.
- Provide staff/teacher support as needed performing specialized projects or whatever may be needed
- Prepare reports regarding status of Academy sales/enrollment.
- Assist CEEP Program Manager in documenting and tracking progress of student assessments and academy evaluations.
- Works in partnership with the Youth Ensemble Director on recruitment and retention of new ensemble members.
- Reports directly to Executive Artistic Director.
- Assist with logistics for performances throughout the year including communications with families, ordering of costumes and supplies, and correspondence with our team of instructors and staff
- Works in partnership with Executive Artistic Director in the management of all Academy performances and events (i.e annual Winter Sharecase and Dance4Peace Youth Concert, Academy Orientation, Open House, Bring a Friend to Class Week, Field trips, Fundraising, Red Star Parent Meetings)
- Prepares letters, calls Parents, and Students, and attends planning meetings as needed.
Marketing and Sales
- Manage Academy registration.
- Assist Marketing Coordinator in implementation of Academy marketing strategies, including advertising campaigns, content marketing, product and service positioning and other projects
- Manage and track academy social media accounts.
- Provide product/service support
- Perform all data entry needed for Academy reporting.
- Assist with live event marketing and management
- Manages student retention and growth efforts.