Position: Programs Internship
Job type: Full-time, paid, for academic credit
Reports to: Programs Coordinator
Start Date: Summer 2018 (late May to early August)
The Arts & Business Council of Chicago (A&BC) is a non-profit organization that facilitates partnerships to enhance the management capacity of over 250 arts organizations in the Chicagoland area each year, while promoting leadership development for business professionals through skills-based volunteering. A&BC prides itself on contributing to Chicago’s creative economy by linking the culture and commerce of Chicago.
The Programs Department oversees the key components of A&BC’s mission. This internship will assist in all aspects of planning and managing such programs as Business Volunteers for the Arts, our pro bono management consulting program; On BOARD, our program to train professionals to be effective members of arts and cultural boards of directors; our Learning Lab series; and our Membership Program.
The Summer 2018 intern will gain exposure to A&BC’s unique partnership with The Chicago Community Trust (CCT). A&BC provides support to CCT’s SMART Growth program, a three-year capacity building program for Chicago-based arts and culture organizations. Through A&BC’s proprietary smARTscope® tool, A&BC assists CCT in assessing and evaluating arts and cultural organizations to help them set goals for growth and success.
A&BC is a member of ArtCore, a non-merging collaborative composed of three of Chicago’s most respected non-profit organizations, Arts & Business Council of Chicago, See Chicago Dance, and Chicago Cultural Alliance. Interns will have an opportunity to learn about the programs and operations of SCD and CCA and understand the planning and strategy behind this innovative partnership and shared resources.
Responsibilities may include:
- Revising program curriculum to align with leading research and emerging issues
- Supporting meetings and interactions with arts clients and business volunteers
- Compiling data for program implementation, program evaluation, and grant reporting
- Developing innovative program evaluation measures
- Analyzing program evaluations to develop new strategies for growth, retention, and recruitment
- Gathering and analyzing social media data
- Updating records in company Salesforce database
- Assisting with event planning and management
- Providing general administrative tasks
- Managing self-directed special projects based on interests and skills of the intern
Schedule: Flexible; 30 - 40 hours/week
A&BC is committed to inclusion and equity and strives to ensure that our staff reflects the diversity of our volunteers and clients. We are committed to removing barriers that are faced by equity-seeking groups including veterans, people with disabilities, or individuals who identify as a members of ALAANA communities. Members of these groups are encouraged (but are not required) to self-identify as such in their cover letters and asked to describe the unique perspective this identity provides for this role.