The Old Town School of Folk Music seeks a Program Manager to work with our Director of Education to maintain comprehensive programs in dance, theater, and visual arts. These programs are for adults, teens, and children at both Old Town School campuses. Position will also work with Arts Camp Coordinator to administer summer arts camps for children 4-12 years old.
Duties will include:
- Hires, trains, schedules, supervises, and evaluates faculty for dance and movement, theater, and visual arts classes including development of new class and workshop initiatives.
- Plans and facilitates faculty training and meetings.
- Enters teacher and accompanist substitutions and special events into payroll.
- Oversees the hiring and training of summer camp staff and teaching artists collaboratively with the Arts Camp Coordinator.
- Manages and monitors curriculum (classes, workshops, and special events for adults, teens and children) for dance and movement, theater, and visual arts.
- Manages customer service requests, comments, and complaints from students and parents of students. Counsels adult students and parents on classes and appropriate levels of study.
- Maintenance of dance, theater, and visual arts programs in the Filemaker system to include:
- Scheduling rooms for classes, workshops, recitals and showcases.
- Managing computer program entries for scheduling, describing, canceling, and changing offerings.
- Schedules, coordinates, and emcees dance program performances including: room reservations, lighting and sound technician, volunteers, and booking studio space for rehearsals.
- Monitors maintenance and equipping of dance and visual arts studios. Assesses equipment, books, music, props, and materials and researches necessary purchases. Makes recommendations for supporting materials to the school store and Resource Center.
- Works collaboratively with the marketing and customer service departments to develop new methods of promoting programs and initiatives for dance, theater, and visual arts.
- Promotes the School’s dance and movement programming in the dance and arts communities. Monitors the Dance and Movement social media page.
- Acts as spokesperson for the School at its dance-related special events, appearances, and publicity. Builds and maintains relationships with outside organizations for dance-related projects including attendance at citywide dance events and convenings.