Position Summary:To facilitate programming and direct supervision for before and after school students as well as assisting the Community Resource Coordinator in promoting programs and performing responsibilities as assigned.
The following schools are currently hiring for Fall Program Instructors: Ravenswood Elementary School, Edison Regional Gifted Center, South Loop Elementary, STEM Magnet Academy, and Cassell Elementary School.
- Provide direct supervision of students enrolled in the before and after school programs and promote the values of Youth Guidance and your assigned school.
- Maintain behavioral expectations for students in keeping with established methods and procedures.
- Collaborate in the development of and facilitate before and after-school programs as implemented by the Community Resource Coordinator, including curriculum development and lesson planning.
- Assist students of varying ability with homework and projects.
- Escort students to and from programs, following the established after-school schedule.
- Assist in the distribution of program information and publications used to promote the programs and various enrichment programs as offered.
- Provide support to the regular school day administration and staff.
- Communicate information and provide support for parents.
- Provide conflict resolution with children, parents, families, and staff.
· Duties as assigned
- Must have minimum of High school Diploma or GED. Bachelor’s degree or student working towards a degree preferred.
- Ability to understand the policies, procedures, and general organizational structure of the Chicago Public Schools.
- Ability to be proactive with projects and follow through in a timely manor with an end result that adheres to the Resource Coordinators vision.
- Ability to be flexible with program assignments and make changes to projects and proposals on the fly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in conflict resolution.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Mobility to perform filing
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to spend extended time on a computer in a workstation
Youth Guidance is an equal opportunity employer and proudly values diversity. Youth Guidance does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law and is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity along all of these lines. People of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.