The Puerto Rican Arts Alliance (PRAA) Program Assistant is a full-time position responsible for assisting PRAA’s program staff with marketing, administration, development and events planning as well as assisting with administration of PRAA’s Latin Music Program.
Development & Communications Duties:
· Develop and implement a communications plan for all PRAA programs and events, including social media, print, e-mail, website, and video communications
· Manage day-to-day execution of social media/online messaging
· Manage day-to-day execution of all traditional media including press releases and distribution of print materials
· Update and maintain the www.praachicago.org WordPress website
· Coordinate the creation and maintenance of all digital and print marketing materials
· Write, design, and distribute regularly scheduled online newsletters via MailChimp
· Coordinate the process of identifying new ways to reaching and growing PRAA’s audience.
· Assist with donor communications, grant proposals, reports as needed
· Administer Donor Perfect database
· Serve as the main point of contact for PRAA space use inquiries as well as actively seeking rental opportunities.
· Assist with planning and executing all PRAA program and fundraising events
· Other duties as assigned
Music Program Administration Duties:
• Serve as the main point of contact for the program, responding to inquiries by the public, parents, instructors and staff in-person and phone/online.
• Keep program curriculum, enrollment and marketing materials updated and organized.
• Manage Latin Music Project Center space, working with PRAA staff to keep the space tidy and organized.
• Assist with instrument and equipment inventory as well as PRAA’s Latin Music Project supply store.
• Oversee student recruitment for Spring, Fall and Summer programs by actively pursuing recruitment opportunities (both in-person and online).
• Confirm that program goals are met and assist with program data collection including student attendance, assessments, program documentation via photo/video, and more.
• Develop a working relationship with program parents and partners to ensure pupils are motivated and support is provided as needed.
• Actively seek Latin Music Project Ensemble performance opportunities as well as recruitment of outside groups to use Latin Music Project Center stage.
• Other duties as assigned