Local, independent production company seeks producing interns for its fall internship cycle. Previous background in film and video production not essential, but a desire and willingness to learn on the fly is a must.
Winter/Spring 2018 Internship: January 15th - May 15th
Note: Start and end dates flexible.
Producing interns will have the opportunity to learn important skills relevant for jobs in independent film producing, distribution/exhibition, and production management. Interns will assist producers in a variety of tasks, which may include:
- Research and development
- Grant writing
- Communicating with press/media
- Production planning and scheduling
- Real-world problem solving skills (on and off set)
- Location scouting and locations management
- Hiring crew and negotiations
- Independent filmmaking contracts and legal matters
- Exhibition and distribution
- Creating marketing designs (knowledge of Photoshop preferred, but not required)
- Creating screening deliverables (knowledge of Premiere and Encore preferred, but not required)
Specific responsibilities and tasks will be determined according to both the project’s needs and the intern's experience and interests.
This is an unpaid internship, but may turn into a paid position for individuals who demonstrate a high level of potential and ability.
Current students can earn course credit for this internship.
FULL SPECTRUM FEATURES NFP is a Chicago-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization committed to increasing diversity in the media arts by producing, exhibiting, and supporting the work of women, LGBTQ, and minority filmmakers. We also aim to educate the public about important social and cultural issues, utilizing the power of cinema to foster understanding in our communities. Please visit our website to learn more about our work.