Requisition Number: JR02412
Grade and Classification: C-8 / Purchase/Invoice Clerk-Sr.
Division / Dept. / Unit: Collections and Access / Collections Support
Reports to: Supervisor, Library Materials Payments
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
This position is covered by the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Under the general direction of the Supervisor, Library Materials Payments, the Payments Assistant is responsible for reviewing and paying invoices received for library resources in all formats, including materials ordered by the East Asian and Law Libraries. Duties also include submitting ePayment requests, processing reimbursement requests in cases where individuals have purchased materials for the library collections following Library guidelines and procedures, and communicating with vendors. Working in collaboration with other Library staff and University Financial Services, the incumbent will assist with the prompt resolution of complex problems involving payment-related issues.
- Process invoices for payment using library management system (LMS). (35%)
- Review invoices in the payment application and submit ePayment requests for wire transfers. (35%)
- Use resources such as LMS and payment application to verify receipt and payment information and assist in researching or resolving complex problems related to duplicate billing, vendor inconsistencies, vendor invoices, credit memos, unsolicited or duplicate receipts. (10%)
- Process reimbursement requests. (5%)
- Communicate with vendors in response to inquiries and to request invoices or other payment-related or vendor profile information. (5%)
- Track and troubleshoot payments in process and provide supporting information or documentation required by the Financial Services office to resolve payment issues. (2%)
Other duties as assigned, including but not limited to (8%):
- Work closely with Continuing Resources and Receiving staff to verify receipt of materials for payment purposes.
- Assist with training of new hires.
- Assist with semiannual Book Sale duties as required, including cash register and credit card machine functions.
- Maintain the paid invoices file, including stamping and filing paid invoices according to departmental rules, and completing an annual file review.
- Obtain foreign currency exchange rates and update them in the library management system.
- Create vendor records needed for payment, including submitting vendor profile requests via the Financial Services Shared Services system.
- Maintain several spreadsheets and folders on the departmental shared drive related to vendor and payment matters.
- Collect checks from Financial Services and match them with enclosures to be sent out.
- Recommend changes in procedures to streamline processes as appropriate.