The Grant Park Music Festival (the Festival) in Chicago, Illinois seeks a full-time Patron Services Assistant for the 2018 Festival season. The Patron Services Assistant will report to the Patron Services Director. The Patron Services Assistant provides key support to the Membership and Marketing departments and helps to ensure a one-of-a-kind experience for patrons, guests and visitors to the Festival. Previous box office experience is a requirement for this role.
KEY DUTIES AND EXPECTATIONS
- Expertly staff the Patron Service Center (box office) for each Festival concert and provide high-level customer service in a fast-paced, high-stakes environment
- Process patron orders/requests quickly and accurately – in person, over the phone and via email
- Coordinate patron seating for performances, accommodating special needs and requests
- Maintain database hygiene standards when updating patron records
- Perform routine clerical duties in an organized fashion: prepare mailings, answer the telephone, and draft correspondence
- Work on initiatives that build robust relationships between the organization and its patrons, enhancing the Festival's patron engagement model
- $12.00 - $14.00/hour, commensurate with experience; this position is full-time (40 hours/week) and non-exempt
- Nights and weekends are required throughout the summer season (June 13, 2018 – August 18, 2018)
- Position Start Date: April 2, 2018
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
For more than 80 years, the Grant Park Music Festival has been Chicago's summer musical sensation, demonstrating that classical music performed by a world-class orchestra and chorus can have a transformative impact on the city. Showcased in the city's most spectacular setting, the Festival continues to be the summer gathering place for all of Chicago. The Jay Pritzker Pavilion in Millennium Park is the official home of the Grant Park Music Festival, with free seats available for every concert.
The Festival is led by Artistic Director and Principal Conductor Carlos Kalmar, along with Grant Park Chorus Director Christopher Bell, Grant Park Orchestral Association President and CEO Paul Winberg, and Board Chair Stephen Smith.
For more information on the Grant Park Music Festival, please visit our website: gpmf.org.