Bread and Roses Productions (BAR) is seeking skilled and self-motivated individuals to join our team as Overhire Stagehands.
Stagehands joining our team will be included on our overhire call list, distributed via email as needed, approximately 3-4 weeks before call dates. Confirmed crew members are expected to arrive on-time, ready to work in appropriate shoes and clothing. Crew will work under the supervision of a lead technician.
Overhire crew is compensated at $16/hour with a 4-hour minimum guaranteed; crew is paid as independent contractors and must invoice BAR for their work before payment can be processed.
Job Duties and Qualifications for Overhire Stagehands:
● Demonstrated relevant experience in performing arts production and working back-of-house
● Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. repeatedly throughout the duration of the call.
● Ability to stand and work on one's feet for long periods of time.
● Comfortable working at heights in excess of 20' on ladders and lifts.
● Ability to work as a team and to take directions in a fast paced environment.
● Maintain high safety standards and techniques related to the jobs.
BAR is also looking to expand its Electrician and Audio Engineer and Stage Management overhire lists. If you have relevant experience in one or more of those areas and wish to be considered for those lists as well, please make sure to let us know, and to include a resume highlighting that experience.
To apply, please email resume to BAR Operations Manager, Josh Hoglund at J.Hoglund@BreadAndRosesChicago.com.
BAR is a one-stop shop production company specializing in live theatrical events, working in venues across Chicago, with a special focus on the newly-renovated Studebaker Theater in the Fine Arts Building.