Our organization partners with schools to provide engaging and nurturing, fine and performing arts instructors throughout Chicagoland. This position is for a music teacher for grades PreK-4th grade to teach 13 classes per week for ten weeks at a beautiful public school in Bucktown. This position can be for one or two instructors. One instructor for PreK and Kdg and one for 1st-4th grade. Training, curriculum and lesson planning will be paid. There will be performances.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelors degree
• Has curriculum for pre-k through 4th grade in music, or ability to create
• Orff certified preferred, though not required
• Classroom Management skills and ability to direct groups of 30 students
• Ability to sing and play an accompanying instrument
• Builds meaningful and personal relationships with other school staff and parents of students
• Experience teaching general music preferred
• Love for children and music education!
Email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org arrange an interview