The Halim Time and Glass Museum, a new world-class museum located in Evanston, is seeking to recruit volunteers. The Museum offers a variety of volunteer opportunities, and volunteers will play an important role in assisting Museum staff with various administrative and customer-related tasks. Full training will be given on the Museum’s exhibits and their importance. Whether you are a college student interested in learning about museums, a seasoned patron of the arts, or someone in-between, we have fun, educational, and rewarding opportunities on our volunteer team.
Specific Duties Include:
- Welcoming guests.
- Walking the Museum galleries and enhancing the visitor's experience by helping to answer questions they may have about the artwork on display.
- Knowing the layout of the Museum and providing visitors with directions as requested.
- Monitoring the galleries and report any issues that need addressing with either the Guest Services Staff or the Security Officer.
- Light administrative work.
- Assisting with Back of House duties such as mailings, preparing flyers, doing online research, etc.