Chicago Shakespeare Theater is currently accepting Marketing/PR Intern applications for Summer 2019. Applications must be received by March 1, 2019.
The Theater's Marketing/PR Department is charged with the development and execution of strategic plans to promote the institutional image and attract attendance to the plays and related programs produced by the Theater.
The department seeks two interns per term, with one specializing in Marketing (promotions, digital and social media advertising, partnerships, audience research) and another in Public Relations (media communication, press releases, photo and video resources, social media campaigns). Marketing/PR Interns will act as an integral member of the Marketing / PR Department, obtaining hands-on, real-world experience in a creative and supportive atmosphere.
While Chicago Shakespeare Theater internships are typically structured as a commitment of 10 weeks between May/June-August/September 2019, the program is also flexible enough to meet the scheduling needs of the intern. Chicago Shakespeare Theater is committed to building diversity and inclusion onstage and throughout the organization. We especially encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
- Assist in execution of promotions, direct mail and e-marketing projects
- Draft copy for press releases and e-blasts
- Create and manage execution of social media content
- Monitor and report on paid social media and e-marketing campaign performance
- Support coordination of photography, videography and press features
- Assemble press kits
- Assist planning/hosting special events and openings
- Conduct research for press releases, audience expansion and special projects
- Update mailing lists and manage contacts in Tessitura CRM database
- Maintain press clip and photo/video archives
- Manage distribution of promotional materials on and around Navy Pier
- Clean/distill website analytics and data into summary reports
- A modest travel stipend
- College credit as available through a student’s academic institution
- Educational and career-coaching opportunities, including an intern seminar series that illuminates the workings of a large arts organization
- An in-depth review of the intern’s resume/portfolio with CST staff members
- Complimentary tickets to CST performances
- Invitations to company-wide events with actors, designers and other artists
- Free and reduced-price tickets to other Chicago theaters through "industry" offers
- Unfortunately we are not able to provide housing