POSITION TITLE: Marketing Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: External Affairs
REPORTS TO: Marketing Manager
At Hubbard Street Dance Chicago, we bring artists, art, and audiences together to enrich, engage, and change lives through the experience of dance.
We are seeking a smart and mission-driven individual to join Hubbard Street’s External Affairs department. The entry-level Marketing Coordinator position is part of the External Affairs department. Primary responsibilities include providing support to the Marketing Manager, the Director of Marketing and the Manager of Patron & Data Services; maintaining and updating the website; managing photo, video, published press and archival files; and coordinating design of printed materials. This position provides additional support to other External Affairs staff as necessary.
DESCRIPITION OF DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working with Marketing Manager, maintains and updates Hubbard Street website; works with internal staff to meet their online content needs and oversees the development of new features on the site.
- Works closely with outside vendors including photographers, graphic designers and printers in order to manage the timely completionof print and digital marketing collateral.
- Responds to website queries and functionality problems from the public and internal constituencies.
- In coordination with the Marketing Manager, assists in the execution of online advertising initiatives including but not limited to Google AdWords, Facebook, and Instagram
- Manages the general company e-mail account, distributing inquiries to the appropriate departments in a timely manner.
- In collaboration with the Marketing manager, creating and distributing e-blasts to support all marketing initiatives.
- Assists in managing marketing budgets by tracking expenses, processing POs and delivering status updates on progress against stated goals, when required.
- Assists with audience development events and attends all company performances in Chicago (includes minimal evening and/or weekend hours work during Chicago performances).
- Manages the ordering, tracking, and sales of company merchandise.
- Provides support to Director of Marketing, Manager of Patron & Data Services and Director of External Affairs as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.