Career and Professional Experience (CAPX) at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago seeks an ambitious marketing coordinator to join our team in developing the next generation of artists and creative professionals.
This position is a good fit for you if:
You have experience and proven success in planning and executing strategic and creative marketing communications (print, web, social) that generate attendance, participation, loyalty, and results.
You excel in written and visual communication, and are committed to the principles and power of good design.
You embrace the challenge of new projects and technologies.
You understand the world of artists, designers, and scholars and can guide students in preparing for their creative futures.
You take initiative and easily build collaborative relationships.
The Marketing Coordinator and Career Advisor carries out professional communications for CAPX that effectively promote its programs and enhances it overall visibility within the school as well as with alumni and the broader SAIC community, and serves as a liaison with SAIC’s Marketing and Communications office. The Marketing Coordinator and Career Advisor possesses outstanding writing and editorial skills, as well as experience integrating content across multiple communications platforms including, but not limited to, website, social media, multimedia, electronic and other emerging areas. Reporting to the CAPX Director, this position is also an undergraduate career advisor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A. Marketing, Communications, and Social Media
1. Lead both internal and external CAPX communications efforts. Create, write, edit, organize, and curate content for digital marketing of CAPX, including website, social media and electronic signage, as well as traditional posters and cards.
2. Develop digital materials for the CAPX website, including online career content, internship videos, and other resources for prospective students, current students, alumni, and the broader SAIC community.
3. Create, develop, and execute marketing efforts for CAPX programming, such as upcoming workshops and events.
4. Develop content for CAPX’s semi-monthly email newsletter.
5. Liaise with SAIC’s Marketing and Communications office to ensure that the messaging, audience, and format for CAPX communications aligns with broader SAIC efforts.
6. Format and distribute all CAPX digital communication via ExactTarget to specific constituencies as well as the broader SAIC community.
7. Track and analyze website and social media traffic, recommending changes based on metrics.
8. Supervise student assistants in the development and execution of CAPX marketing.
9. Document CAPX events with photographs and videos, and post to CAPX website and social media.
10. Coordinate contracts and payment for all marketing-related expenses, monitor marketing-related budget, and retain records for current and future budget planning.
11. Manage workflow of the CAPX Annual Report, ensuring that data and materials are gathered in a timely manner and production and distribution are handled effectively.
B. Career Advising
1. Advise undergraduate students on career-related topics including, but not limited to career skills, internship opportunities, post-graduate opportunities (including employment, professional development, residencies and freelancing) and job search strategies.
2. Serve as CAPX’s ambassador, presenting on career-related topics to students and other groups.
3. Participate in professional development training via workshops, webinars and other forums to consistently enhance CAPX’s advising capabilities.
C. Perform other duties as assigned.
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;