This is a volunteer position. Female identifying individuals strongly encouraged to apply.
The Managing Director is responsible for the theatre company's day-to-day operations.
Primary responsibilities are:
- Work closely with BWBTC's Board of Directors, Artistic Directors, Finance Director, Ensemble, volunteers/interns to further BWBTC's mission, develop and implement its goals (both short and long term), support it's Strategic Plan and maintain its Business Plan.
- Prepare (with Artistic and Finance Director) the annual budget.
- With Artistic Directors, review and approve budgets for individual productions.
- Arbitrate any disputes that may arise with the help of the Artistic Directors
- Prepare and distribute contracts for productions (actors/designers/director) and be the main contact for venues when renting rehearsal and/or performance spaces.
- File the organization's annual taxes (For AG990-IL, Annual Report, Federal Form 990-EZ, etc.)
A full position description is available upon request.
Comps to all shows and readings
Discounted admission to all workshops and events
Behind-the-scenes access to Ensemble members
About Babes With Blades Theatre Company (BWBTC):
Founded in 1997 as a stage combat troupe, BWBTC has gone through several incarnations before settling into its current niche as a producing company. We’re approaching our 20th Anniversary Season in 2017-18.
BWBTC uses stage combat to place women and their stories center stage. Through performance, script development, training and outreach, our ensemble creates theatre that explores the wide range of the human experience, and cultivates broader perspectives in the arts community and society as a whole.