Reportsto: Usher Supervisor
Status: Non-exempt, part time, seasonal
Lyric Opera of Chicago exists to provide a broad, deep and relevant cultural service to the Chicago region and the nation, and to advance the development of the art form of opera.
We are searching for Ushers to be responsible for being an ambassador to Lyric Opera by service as one of the first points of contact for our patrons who visit the theater. This Usher will provide exceptional customer service to guests by escorting guests to their correct seat, answering questions and assisting patrons resolve issues that may arise. This is a high-level customer service oriented position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide exceptional customer service at all times
· Efficiently direct patrons to their ticketed seats, distribute programs, and respond to general inquiries about Opera House facilities and/or productions
· Effectively implement required safety procedures, and assist patrons in emergency situations, including (but not limited to): patron accidents, house evacuations, or related incidents that may occur
· Ensure that security procedures are consistently followed, including monitoring of assigned house exits and maintaining an awareness of crowd management issues, in order to alert supervisory or security personnel to problems.
· Ability to work evening or weekend functions, events or performances.
· Required ability to work in a dark space such as a dark theater in order to seat guests