Status: Part time, seasonal, non-exempt
Reports to: Security Services Coordinator
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sustain a safe, secure and friendly environment for all Opera House patrons.
- Provide assistance to patrons arriving at and entering the Opera House, including patrons with disabilities.
- Protect the physical assets of the Opera House, ensuring the appropriate areas are locked or open as needed.
- Provide a deterrent to possible disruptive and/or unlawful behavior, responding to incidents as required.
- Hail cabs for patrons departing the Opera House early, and ensure the cab line runs as efficiently as possible at the end of the performances.
- Maintain appropriate appearance and cleanliness of the sidewalk area in front of the Opera House, including ash cans.
- Assist patrons in emergency situations, including patron accidents, house evacuations, or related incidents that may occur, including monitoring of assigned house exits and maintaining an awareness of crowd management issues, in order to alert supervisory or security personnel to problems.