Reports To: Customer Service and Call Center Manager & Sales Manager
Status: Part-time (up to 29 hrs/wk), Non-Exempt
Lyric Opera of Chicago exists to provide a broad, deep and relevant cultural service to the Chicago region and the nation, and to advance the development of the art form of opera.
Our Call Center Assistants provide stellar customer service as they engage Lyric patrons in inbound and outbound (Telemarketing& Tele-fund) interactions.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Answering inbound patron calls, in a timely manner with the intent to sell
- Initiate outbound patron calls with enthusiasm to solicit donations or subscriptions
- Demonstrate the savvy sales skills to cross-sell and up-sell to best suit the patrons’ interests and receptivity
- Demonstrate the ability to solicit donations from patrons of the Lyric Opera.
- Cross-train with other ticketing staff on Lyric sales tactics and initiatives
- Serve as back-up to Lyric’s primary Receptionist as needed/scheduled
- Staff Audience Service table at Lyric performances and events
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Flexible hours. Hourly rate plus commission
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other office equipment.
- Ticketing core business hours: 9am – 9pm Weekdays, 10am-5pm Saturdays, 10am-2pm Sundays
- Most shifts will be scheduled with a morning/evening split