JOB TITLE:Logistics Assistant
REPORTS TO:Technical Director
The Goodman Theatre is searching for a Logistics Assistant to join our scene shop. The Logistics Assistant will work collaboratively with the Technical Director and other scene shop members to construct, load-in, maintain and load-out scenery for the 9 show subscription season, including our annual production of A Christmas Carol, at the Goodman Theatre. This position is responsible for supporting all aspects of the production including picking up supplies and materials from various vendors as well as maintaining and organizing stock materials. This position can require some evening and weekend hours on an as needed basis.
By dedicating itself to three guiding principles—quality, diversity and community— the Goodman Theatre seeks to be the premier cultural organization in Chicago, providing productions and programs that make an essential contribution to the quality of life in our city.
Goodman Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- Must have valid driver’s license and pass a motor vehicle record report.
- Ability to drive a 24’ box truck is ideal but not required
- Knowledge of theatrical procedures and professional theatre experience including scenic carpentry is beneficial
- Ability to repeatedly lift, push or maneuver 50-70lbs, either alone or with assistance from others as well as scale ladders and work in high places
- Work collaboratively as a team member and maintain a positive attitude
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume including three (3) references to: https://www.ikrut.com/microsite/pages/Goodman%20Theatre/default.html
Please indicate in the cover letter how you heard about this position. No calls please.