Read It And Eat is looking for a Kitchen/Class Assistant for our store in Lincoln Park!
The Kitchen/Class Assistant contributes to the success of Read It And Eat by inspiring customers on all points of their culinary journey. The Kitchen/Class Assistant blends a passion for cooking and entertaining to support our cooking classes and author demo events. The Kitchen/Class Assistant reports to the General Manager and has an indirect reporting relationship to the Kitchen Manager.
- Provides an exceptional customer experience according to customer service standards. Proactively seeks out and greets customers
- Supports an exceptional cooking class experience at every class by acting as an extension of the instructor. Reinforces and supports the techniques being presented in class
- Serving customers food samples including pouring wine or soda, water, etc.
- Assisting with food prep/mise en place for a class or author event (chopping, slicing, measuring/weighing ingredients, etc.)
- Assisting with the set-up and break-down of the event/class including moving bookcases (which are in casters) carrying chairs up and down a flight of stairs, washing dishes, cleaning and prepping the kitchen
- Assisting the instructor or author during the class or demo with directing customers (answering questions while the instructor is helping another customer, etc.) or helping with cooking (stirring food, watching the oven, etc.)
- Supports an exceptional Author Event/Demo experience by assisting the Author by preparing tastings, prep, and aiding in the navigation of the kitchen to the Author
- Clean up after each class/event including washing dishes, cleaning and mopping the kitchen, breaking down the event space
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by General Manager or Kitchen Manager