Chicago a cappella is seeking two interns to assist with marketing, concert production and general operations. Interns have the opportunity to see from the inside how a small nonprofit arts organization is run, including exposure to nonprofit management, fundraising, marketing and P.R., board development, production and planning, finance and budgeting. Tasks will include interaction with staff, board, volunteers, vendors, patrons, and artists.
- Marketing: Provide support in all marketing and P.R. effortsforChicago a cappella’s concert season; spearhead target marketing and promotional campaigns, including creating flyers and other promotional materials; create photo and video social media content; update social media and calendar listing websites; analyze marketing efforts and organize/analyze audience surveys; research and spearhead other marketing opportunities.
- Concert Production: Act as Assistant House Manager or Stage Manager for Chicago a cappella’s concerts. Responsibilities include stage and front-of-house setup and clean up, coordinating backstage with front-of-house, and finalizing and overseeing logistics at each venue. Attendance at all concerts is mandatory.
- Box Office/Customer Service: Take ticket and subscription orders by phone and online; answer customer inquiries and provide information; fulfill complimentary ticket requests; utilize PatronManager database to process and fulfill orders.
- General Operations: Assist staff with all aspects of day-to-day office administration and operations; tasks will potentially include work in fundraising, board communications, education/outreach, music library, and general administration.
- Event Planning: Assist with event planning for our gala fundraiser, including researching, procuring, tracking, and acknowledging silent auction and raffle donations; working with vendors and volunteers to coordinate logistics; and staffing at the event.
SCHEDULE:Position includes 12-15 office hours per week, plus attendance at concerts and a few additional off-hour events (particularly the Gala). Works hours can be crafted to fit the successful candidate’s schedule, but should include at least 2-3 partial days between the hours of 9-5.
ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS: We will work to fulfill any college/university academic requirements. Hours may be adjusted to cover academic requirements.
SALARY: Stipend of $100 for each month of work.
COMMENTS: We are a dynamic, well-run arts organization, recognized by our peers for both our artistic reputation and our organizational achievements. Our interns are not only exposed to every aspect of a nonprofit arts organization, but will make contacts with a wide range of people in Chicago’s arts community. Previous staff members have secured jobs at Chicago Shakespeare Theatre, the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, WFMT, Museum of Science and Industry, and elsewhere.