Provides recruitment, administrative, and Human Resources information systems support to the Human Resources department.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Reconciles and pays all Human Resources and benefit plan bills, including health, dental, COBRA, life, disability, and consultant invoices.
2. Conducts new hire and benefits orientation for administrative staff and orchestra members; completes and enters all new hire paperwork. Tracks and facilitates midyear benefits and status changes. Facilitates and completes exit paperwork for separating employees.
3. Administers flexible spending program.
4. Administers transit and parking benefit program; researches, proposes, and implements new programs to enhance customer service.
5. Investigates and resolves employee benefit-related issues.
6. Facilitates recruitment and selection process to include: posting, resume review (and applicant acknowledgments), recruiting, background screens, reference checks, travel arrangements, conducts non-exempt/exempt interviewing, and candidate recommendation.
7. Updates and maintains all Human Resources databases. Writes and runs HR related-reports from the Payroll system (ADP) to include monthly head-count and quarterly time-off reports.
8. Creates HR budget forecasts, inputs and monitors budgets using budgeting software.
9. Facilitates workers compensation and unemployment compensation claim processes.
10. Responsible for pension set-up and maintenance to include compiling retiree information and completing paperwork.
11. Completes compensation and benefits surveys.
12. Updates and maintains Human Resources-related components of the CSO’s intranet.
13. Tracks and reports EEO statistics.
14. Responsible for filing and file maintenance of all active, terminated, and benefits files.
15. Performs clerical activities for the Human Resources department, to include mail sorting and routing, reception, telephone screening and routing.
16. Provides employment and mortgage verification for employees.
17. Performs typing assignments and other special projects.
18. Schedules and coordinates meetings and other special events.
19. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Reports to Director of Human Resources.
2. Other contacts include: staff, orchestra members, training orchestra members, chorus members, retirees, vendors, consultants, and applicants.
Pleasant office environment.