Changing Worlds, an arts and cultural education organization, seeks Hip Hop Dance artists to teach in our Arts and Cultural Connections after-school programs and Arts Culture and Literacy in-school programs in Chicago Public Schools. Responsibilities include working with groups of up to 15 students in an after-school setting or working with teachers with their students in an in-school classroom setting, curriculum planning, developing and teaching youth in and through your area of expertise ( dance, poetry, theatre , music production, etc.) , developing performances for student showcases, holding ongoing discussions about the history and traditions of Hip-Hop culture, and maintaining positive relationships with students, parents and school administrators.
Teaching artists will be compensated for teaching and curriculum planning time.
Locations of program assignments will be determined by the Program Manager. In-school programs run 1 to 4 hours a day between 8am-3pm and after-school programs run between 3pm-6pm. Times may vary depending on the school.
- Support the ongoing development of structured studio practice for elementary through high school students
- Planning a series of lesson plans and/or curriculum for elementary through high school students
- Work with students to encourage their creativity and self-expression
- Employ a system of effective classroom behavior management
- Support the students in the creation of a culminating performance
- Consult with the Program Manager on the development of programming for elementary students