At Hubbard Street Dance Chicago (HSDC), we bring artists, art and audiences together to enrich, engage, and change lives through the experience of dance. Hubbard Street Dance Chicago is home to the premier contemporary dance company in the United States, the largest dance facility in Chicago, and serves the community through youth, education and community engagement programs, and adaptive dance programs that serve thousands of children across the Chicago area.
Hubbard Street Dance Chicago (HSDC) is seeking a junior level professional to join the Development Team. HSDC’s Grants Coordinator will manage the annual and long-term plans for generating contributed revenue from government, foundation, and corporate funders (Institutional Giving). The Grants Coordinator is the organization’s primary grant writer and manages the full Institutional Giving calendar. The ideal candidate is an organized, clear communicator who will work alongside the Associate Director of Development in creating and managing a successful Institutional Giving program.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with superb writing and organizational skills to support the work of a leading contemporary dance company and school, and to begin or advance a professional career in fundraising.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under the guidance of the Associate Director of Development and Director of Development, coordinate and execute all Institutional fundraising campaigns in order to match or exceed annual budgeted goals. Fundraising campaigns include grants and sponsorship support for artistic programs; audience development initiatives; education programs; special projects; events; and undesignated support.
- Administer the Institutional fundraising, stewardship, and communications plans, which includes prospect lists, proposals and reports calendar, and stewardship and engagement plans.
- Collaborate with the Associate Director of Development in creating and executing the Institutional Giving strategy.
- Write and submit all corporate, foundation, and government proposals and reports, with strict attention to detail, accuracy, and deadlines.
- Facilitate the scheduling of site visits and meetings with foundation and corporate representatives.
- Work closely with Education staff on the development of grants and proposals for the support of education, youth, and community programs, and with Finance staff in gathering information and presenting budget information to funders.
- Develop and update the Institutional Giving funding lines within the annual Development budget, including weekly cash flow and revenue projections.
- Create necessary external budgets for funders with Director of Finance & Operations.
- Other duties as assigned.