To be the recognized home of music theatre in Chicago, engaging, educating and entertaining a diverse audience with the highest quality music theatre programs available.
Porchlight is Chicago's home for music theatre, providing performance, education and appreciation opportunities that celebrate and sustain this unique American art form. With special opportunities for underserved communities, we nurture young artists and new works, and redefine the classic music theatre genre in our intimate signature style.
While you may spend majority of your time supporting one department Porchlight encourages our interns to experience all aspects of running a non-profit arts organization.
- Assist with processing subscriptions and cultivating new subscribers
- Assist with distribution of promotional or development materials
- Assist with the execution of fundraising or other special events
- General non-profit arts administration and customer service; answering phones, emails and door traffic
- General office support: photocopying, filing and other basic office functions
- Other duties as assigned