About Intuit: The Center for Intuitive and Outsider Art
Intuit is a not-for-profit museum founded in 1991. Our mission is to celebrate the power of outsider art. Intuit defines "intuitive and outsider art" as work of artists who demonstrate little influence from the mainstream art world and who instead are motivated by their unique personal visions. This includes what is known as art brut, non-traditional folk art, self-taught art, and visionary art. Intuit features world class exhibitions; resources for scholars and students; a Permanent Collection with holdings of nearly 1,100 works of art; the Henry Darger Room Collection, a permanent installation; the Robert A. Roth Study Center, a non-circulating collection with a primary focus in the fields of outsider and contemporary self-taught art; and educational programming for people of all interest levels and backgrounds.
We invite everyone through our doors to enjoy artwork whose creation embodies our collective search for what it means to be human, overcoming boundaries based on religion, race, ethnic origin, gender, socioeconomic status, orientation, and physical or mental ability.
To learn more, visit http://www.art.org/
Gallery Attendant reports to: Volunteer Coordinator
Pay category: Volunteer
Required Hours: Minimum one shift per week (at least 3 hours)
Hours of Operation: Tuesday-Saturday 11-6pm, Thursday 11-7pm, and Sunday 12-5pm
· Greet guests with a welcoming attitude, answer questions, and offer assistance
· Be knowledgeable about the current exhibitions and upcoming programing
· Monitor guests to ensure museum protocol is followed
· Be reliable and ready in the gallery space for your shift
· Opportunity to assist with museum events and exhibition openings
· Provide support to staff – administration, office management, marketing, retail and exhibitions – as needed