Stuart & Co. Gallery, a Chicago-based fine art gallery that specializes in emerging and mid-career artists, seeks a Gallery Assistant who can work independently to perform tasks to support the gallery’s needs.
Essential Responsibilities include:
- Drafting Press Releases, Social Media Posts, Newsletters and Blog articles.
- Planning and designing of exhibitions in conjunction with Manager and Owner.
- Attendance at Opening Receptions & Artists Talks: Gallery Assistants must be present at all events, which typically occur every other month, and willing to assist the Manager and Owner.
- Record keeping to include inventory, export and statements of account filed and/or distributed as needed in a timely manner.
- Social media post scheduling and release to aid efforts
- Miscellaneous items, as needed.
Duties are expected to be completed without reminder, except where necessary (i.e. social media postings and exhibition planning/design). Should there be any conflicts in availability or duties, they must immediately be brought to the attention of the Manager and/or Owner to ensure coverage.