The Grant Park Music Festival (the Festival) in Chicago, Illinois seeks a full-time Front of House Manager for the 2019 summer season of concerts and movies in Millennium Park, produced by the Festival and the City of Chicago's Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE). Work would begin in early April and continue through late September. The Front of House Manager will report to the Festival's Chief Marketing Officer. The Front of House Manager is the leader of the Front of House team of ushers and works to ensure an enjoyable and safe experience for the nearly 1 million patrons who come to festivals, concerts and movies at Millennium Park each summer. Qualified candidates for this position will have extensive team leadership experience, an appreciation for a wide variety of music/performance genres, and a demonstrated ability to succeed in a fast-paced work environment.
- Manage front of house needs for over 70 concerts, 50 open rehearsals, and numerous ancillary events.
- Manage the hiring, scheduling, training, and supervision of usher staff of 50.
- Oversee implementation/enforcement of venue policies.
- Coordinate performance logistics with other venue personnel and departments (including security, production, custodial and maintenance, electricians, stage crew, volunteers, etc.).
- Perform routine tasks to prepare venue for performances and rehearsals (including the movement of signage, boxes, programs, stanchions, tables, chairs, etc.).
- $20 - $25/hour, commensurate with experience; 40 hours per week, typically afternoon – late evening. This position is non-exempt and some overtime is expected.
- Weekend and holiday availability is required, mid-May - late-September.
- Position Start Date: Early April 2019
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
For more than 80 years, the Grant Park Music Festival has been Chicago's summer musical sensation, demonstrating that classical music performed by a world-class orchestra and chorus can have a transformative impact on the city. Showcased in the city's most spectacular setting, the Festival continues to be the summer gathering place for all of Chicago. The Jay Pritzker Pavilion in Millennium Park is the official home of the Grant Park Music Festival, with free seats available for every concert.
The Festival is led by Artistic Director and Principal Conductor Carlos Kalmar, along with Grant Park Chorus Director Christopher Bell, Grant Park Orchestral Association President and CEO Paul Winberg, and Board Chair Stephen Smith.
For more information on the Grant Park Music Festival, please visit our website: gpmf.org.