Reporting to the Audience Services Manager, the Front of House Associate will coordinate front of house operations during performances and specials events and will collaborate with the box office and stage management staff to maintain smooth front-facing operations and provide industry-leading customer service, with the ultimate goal of maximizing the customer experience.
- Serve as House Manager for public performances and special events
- Coordinate with box office staff on seating holds and patron information.
- Assist patrons with questions, accessibility needs and/or seating issues.
- Train and manage volunteers on a nightly basis.
- Communicate with stage management staff on nightly operations schedule (house opening, start of performance, late seating).
- If the production allows, late seat patrons after the performance begins.
- Monitor activity during performances.
- Communicate and assist with security and emergency incidents.
- Prepare House Manager and Concessions performance reports
- Operate WT Digital Signage during performances and special events, as needed.
- Maintain cleanliness of Front of House areas including lobby, restrooms, concession center, and other public spaces.
- Assist Audience Services Manager with other duties, as assigned.
- Provide Bar/Concessions service for public performances and special events.
- Set up and tear down bar, including displays, concessions, and drink preparation.
- Assist patrons with concessions and drink selections, providing descriptions and suggestions
- Process payments through Square POS system.
- Prepare and deliver pre-order intermission drinks and concessions.
- Track concessions inventory and communicate restocking needs.
- Prepare and reconcile concessions sales reports.
- Ensure displays and lobby areas are clean and accessible.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Top level customer service experience required.
- Experience in theatrical operations preferred.
- Outgoing, accessible personality with the ability to speak in front of people.
- Superior organizational and time-management skills, with the ability to multi-task.
- Professional demeanor while working under pressure.
- Experience with POS systems a plus.
- Strong interest in and passion for live theatre.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- BASSET certification preferred; training will be provided to selected candidate.
- Afternoon, evening and weekend availability is required and will be taken into serious consideration when selecting candidates.
This is a part-time position; approximately 10-20 hours/week. Competitive hourly rate.