Working under Northlight’s Literary Manager and Artistic staff, the dramaturgy intern will perform a variety of tasks related to the Northlight artistic department.
- Opportunities to interface with Northlight Theatre staff in all departments, including Artistic Director B.J. Jones and Executive Director Tim Evans.
- Workshops on resume building, interviewing skills and next steps in pursuing theatre as a career.
- One-on-one meetings with selected professionals in Chicago theatre for Q & A and networking.
- Discounts to professional productions in Chicago.
- Attending Northlight Opening Nights. (Fall and Spring only).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- 15-18 hours weekly; days/times flexible
- Dramaturgy Intern responsibilities include:
- Organizing the flow of scripts through the department by reading and filing scripts and writing evaluations.
- Maintaining the literary database and communicating with national literary offices.
- Assisting in the development of new works by attending new play development meetings with writers and directors, rehearsals, and readings.
- Working as an Assistant Dramaturg for our season’s productions by compiling actor packets and secondary research materials, with opportunities to attend developmental readings, design meetings, and rehearsals.
- Working with marketing to provide information for the season lobby displays.
- Helping with other artistic events and short-term projects when necessary.