Homeroom: External Relations Manager
Part Time: 4 – 10 hours/week, most work done remotely
Homeroom designs artistic projects and programs with two core values: conversation and collaboration. We present music, visual art, video, literature, and public discussions. Homeroom doesn’t have its own venue, but instead partners with venues and organizations around Chicago.
Homeroom presently is programming five series and is looking for an External Relations Manager to market individual events, series and the organization while supporting and coordinating fundraising. Most of the work will be done remotely, but the Manager can expect as many as five in-person meetings a month.
The position will report to Homeroom’s Executive Director.
- Work with curators and program leads to develop and implement a marketing plan for each event or series
- Coordinate organization’s email and social media marketing
- Write and mail semi-annual newsletter
- Research, write and report on foundation and government grants
- Write, coordinate and send annual appeal
- Assist in planning and implementing one or two fundraising events annually
- Secure venue
- Send invitations
- Develop auctions or fundraising mechanisms
- Support Executive Director as needed
- Support the Board of Directors in marketing programs and fundraising
- Renew insurance policies and web and digital subscriptions