Elastic Arts is a non-profit organization founded in Chicago in 1998 that fosters a community of music, art and performance through the development, presentation, and promotion of creative, independent, and stimulating music concerts, exhibitions, and multi-arts performances in an intimate performance environment.
The Executive Director position will oversee all aspects of the administration of this small ($100k-$200k) non-profit performing arts organization and venue, with a particular focus on fundraising along with responsibility for facilities management, budgets and financial management, board development, organizational policies and procedures, support of the curatorial staff and programming, and staff management as the organization grows. Successful candidates will have an enthusiasm for creative music and performance combined with a keen understanding of (and experience with) the importance of administration, facilities management, and fundraising. Salary is in the low 30k’s.
Duties will include:
· Developing and implementing fundraising strategies that will increase individual fundraising and grant revenue. These include but are not limited to:
o Developing strategies for expanding the individual donor base
o Developing and managing an individual donor program
o Cultivating and managing high level donors and potential donors
o Developing and implementing fundraising events
o Identifying new sources of grant revenue
o Developing and maintaining relationships with granting agencies.
o Developing strategies for sponsorships and cultivating potential sponsors
· Supporting board development and acting as the staff liaison on all board committees
· Developing and implementing annual budgets and reporting to the Board on those budgets
· Overseeing all aspects of financial management, including working with accountants and auditors on all reports, taxes, etc.
· Overseeing all aspects of the daily operations
· Handling all legal issues, including contracts or other projects that may arise
· Working with Board to establish and implement programming and outreach goals and developing programming and outreach protocols and policies
· Responding to and appropriately routing booking and other programming requests
· Ensure that all events, exhibitions, etc. are successfully implemented and troubleshoot any problems that may arise
· Setting marketing/communications priorities and developing strategies to advance those priorities
· Overseeing all aspects of facilities management
· Hiring and overseeing all staff