About the Organization
The Chicago Latino Theater Alliance (CLATA) is a non-profit organization founded in 2016. CLATA is committed to enticing, fostering and showcasing new thought provoking works of emerging Latino playwrights, while preserving and promoting the best works of classic and contemporary artists, to inspire a cross-cultural audience.
About the Position – Executive Assistant
CLATA is looking for a qualified and enthusiastic individual to be the Assistant to the Executive Director. Superior writing and organizational skills are essential. Bilingual in English and Spanish is necessary. College graduate with Marketing or English degree is preferred. This is a salaried full-time position and compensation commensurate with work experience (yearly salary range is 33-37k).
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Provide support to the Executive Director
- Perform regular administrative duties and office management
- Assist with the composition, editing, and proofreading of documents
- Lead event planning, coordination, and promotional activities
- Strategize events in terms of attendance, revenues and media attention
- Website Management (e.g., WordPress), Email Marketing (e.g., Constant Contacts), etc.
- Coordinate the distribution of promotional materials, email and social media information
- Strengthening and building relationships with local, national and international theater organizations
- Arrangements for visiting artists & guests: plane and hotel reservations, luncheons, etc.