Youth Guidance - Albany Park, Chicago, IL
At Youth Guidance, we believe that no matter what challenges a young person faces, they are more likely to succeed when they have caring adults in their lives. Our highly-trained staff guides kids to overcome the life and academic challenges facing Chicago’s youth. We meet kids where they are — physically and emotionally — to help them focus on their education, make positive choices, and remain on the right path toward life success.
Founded in 1924 today Youth Guidance is a leading provider of outcomes-driven programs serving more than 8,500 youth while touching the lives of more than 14,000 youth, parents, teachers, and community members.
To instruct, supervise, engage and ensure the safety of after school students as well as assisting the Community Resource Coordinator in promoting programs and performing responsibilities as assigned at Edison Regional Gifted Center.
Youth Guidance at Edison is a dynamic team of skilled instructors passionate about engaging students and creating a fun and supportive after school environment. We are seeking enthusiastic and responsible candidates that enjoy working with groups of students and are flexible team-players.
The school year position is part-time, 5 days a week from 2:45-6:00.
- Supervise,instruct, plan lessons, and lead activities for students enrolled in the after school programs and promote the values of Youth Guidance and your assigned school
- Write and implement 2-3 lessons per week in subjects of our choosing, where you can share your skills and talents with students
- Maintain behavioral expectations for students in keeping with established methods and procedures
- Assist students of varying ability with homework and other projects
- Escort students to and from programs, following the established after school schedule
- Assist in the distribution of publications and additional information used to promote the programs and various enrichment programs as offered
- Provide support to the regular school day administration and staff
- Provide conflict resolution with students
- Other duties as assigned