Dream Big is a new non-profit, yet it’s been in operation for 13 years and serves more than 1000 students per week for drama camps, enrichment programs and residencies with a robust summer camp and annual professional summer production.
To provide leadership for an organization that provides educational theater arts programming for children through out of school time enrichment programming, curricular-based in-school residencies, summer camps and productions throughout the Chicagoland area. Responsible for over-all administration, revenue generation, fiscal management, and program operations.
- Works with the Board of Directors in setting policies and overseeing programs consistent with the mission of the organization.
- Sets the tone for organizational leadership within the company in order to administer the organization’s services from a mission-based perspective.
- Oversees preparation of the annual organization budget. Provides information and justifications for Board of Directors in its budgetary review and approval process. Ensures proper fiscal accounting and controls in accordance with the guidelines of funding sources and with sound accounting practices. Maintains fiscal solvency of the organization.
- Actively seeks new revenue sources, government and private, to meet all program goals. Monitors all grants, contracts, and sub-contracts, assuring that all service agreements are properly fulfilled and report deadlines met. Advises Board on achievements and problem areas.
- Nurtures and expands organization donor base. Oversees development and implementation of organization's annual marketing and fund raising plan.
- Provides for quality assurance monitoring of all organization programs, acknowledging well-rated services and assuring correction of any deficiencies in service provision.
- Ascertains that the personnel policies of the Organization are adhered to in all hiring and employment practices. Proposes changes in policies to the Board of Directors. Provides for staff development activities that upgrade employee skills and motivate performance.
- Promotes the organization with visibility and growth by developing and implementing marketing strategies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Board of Directors
- Education Director
- Operations Director
- Director, Western Suburbs
- Administrative Assistant
Exempt, Full-Time Position
Flexible policy on work from home