The Chicago Philharmonic Society is seeking a full-time development manager who is an organized, detail-oriented writer and self-starter to join our administrative team. We are a unique, musician-governed organization presenting top-level symphonic and chamber concerts at venues around the Chicago area. Our educational outreach initiatives reach over 1,000 participants yearly, and we are a proud partner of the Joffrey Ballet, Ravinia Festival, and other arts organizations.
- Develop and execute development strategy, including annual and long-range goals for grants, individual contributions, annual report, endowment, and sponsorship
- Write applications – comprised of project descriptions, budgets, etc. – for grants offered by foundations, government agencies, and corporations
- Develop and sell sponsorship packages for concerts and outreach programs
- Plan and execute annual individual fundraising campaigns, including writing materials and compiling recipient lists
- Oversee individual major gifts strategy
- Research and track new grant and sponsorship opportunities
- Create, track, and report on annual development budget
- Cultivate relationships with funders, including institutions and individuals
- Report periodically to board regarding development efforts and progress toward goals, and serve as staff liaison to Development Committee of the board
- Provide subscription concert-day assistance
- Miscellaneous administrative duties
- Oversee and direct Development Associate
The Chicago Philharmonic Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion in all areas of the organization's work.