Chicago Youth Shakespeare’s Development Internship offers professional experience for qualified undergraduate or graduate students pursuing careers in non-profit fundraising and development. The Development Intern will assist CYS staff and board members in all major areas of fundraising, including Annual and Planned Giving, Individual Giving, Corporate Sponsorship, In-Kind Donations and Services, Grant Proposals, and Community Partnerships.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work directly with CYS Fundraising Committee board members on strategies for Annual and Planned Giving initiatives, including corporate and foundational support.
- Collaborate with CYS Marketing Committee board members on development of materials for electronic and direct mail solicitations
- Manage all electronic and direct mail solicitations, including editing, proofing, design, and distribution
- Maintain accurate donor data – routinely updating contact information, event attendance, and correspondence in donor database
- Ensure accurate and timely acknowledgment of gifts
- Research funding opportunities and draft grant proposals
- Manage grant applications, correspondence, and calendar
- Assist in planning future fundraising events and campaigns
- Prepare and submit development project updates and reports for monthly board meetings
- Other duties as assigned