Title: Development Intern Reports to: Director of Development Length of Internship: To begin ASAP. Total length determined by selected intern and supervisor. Hours: 12 or more hours per week with flexible schedule, Monday through Friday. Compensation: Unpaid, but college credit available.
Wonderful opportunity to join one of Chicago’s premier arts education organizations that annually serves thousands of school children, educators and families in the Chicago metro area. As a national leader in its field, Urban Gateways has provided the highest quality arts learning experiences to Chicago-area youth for over 50 years. We believe that all children deserve equal access to the arts.
The successful candidate will share our vision and bring their own blend of creativity, enthusiasm and solid organizational skills to our dynamic organization.
• Work closely with Development team to support all fundraising efforts
• Assist with recognition for individual donations
• Assist with Raiser’s Edge data base maintenance
• Serve as support staff for cultivation events, special events and other development activities
• Support social media efforts by posting content to Facebook/Twitter 1-2 times per week
• Help write and edit development & marketing materials when needed
• Assist with development-related mailings (for appeals, event invitations, etc.)
• Assist Associate Director of Institutional Giving by prospecting and compiling grants
• Other duties as assigned