Part-time intern position
14-16 hours per week depending on the schedule
Elmhurst Art Museum is seeking a highly motivated Curatorial Intern to work closely with the Executive Director and Exhibitions Manager. The ideal candidate would work two days (approximately 14-16 hours) per week.
- Provide research assistance for the upcoming exhibitions The Whole World A Bauhaus (February 16 - April 21) and the solo exhibition by Claudia Weber.
- Assist with coordinating potential exhibition-related public programs
- Research on "Panel Discussion: The McCormick House and the Bauhaus Dream of Pre-Fabricated Homes" which will take place at the EAM on Oct 27.
- Research on Mies van der Rohe experts
- Take care of the various tasks and maintenance of the current exhibitions McCormick House: 1952 - 1959 and David Wallace Haskins: Polarity
- Help with designing and printing marketing materials (posters, banners, postcards etc.) for our exhibitions
- Help the Exhibitions Manager to update the cataloging of the collection in The Museum System (TMS)
- Draft letters to artists and associates at other museums and galleries
- Draft well-written and researched social media entries and other publicity materials
- Assist our staff members with guided exhibition tours
- Research potential museum acquisitions
- Prepare documents and presentations for internal meetings
- Support and liaise with other departments within the museum, including Visitor Services, Education, and Administration