Free Spirit Media
Job Title: Creative Workforce Coordinator
Reports To: Industry Pathways Manager
Supervises: Industry Pathways Associate
The FSM Creative Workforce Coordinator (CWC) plays a key role in the development and support of Free Spirit Media’s emerging creative young adults. The CWC is a member of the Industry Pathways program team--- FSM’s creative workforce development initiative that provides underrepresented emerging media-makers ages 18-25 with opportunities for professional development, production and skills training, mentorship and work placement.
This dynamic individual will lead the professional development, career and internship support services, and individual engagement of FSM Industry Pathways participants, as well as the outreach and career-related programming efforts for FSM’s In-school and Civic programs. The CWC will maintain a case management strategy to ensure that participants level up through the career progression timeline, reaching the highest aspirations in their creative career trajectory. The CWC is a mentor, administrator, advocate, coach, event planner and professional role model. To be successful, the CWC needs to be an expert relationship builder, who can access and leverage resources to connect FSM young adults to meaningful opportunities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Overseeing Industry Pathways member administration through onboarding and orientation of new participants; tracking experience, engagement and progression in our participant database and managing administrative records required for program and partner needs.
- Work with Industry Pathways Associate and Outreach Ambassador to facilitate communication channels, materials and networks (social, newsletter, blog, etc.) to engage Industry Pathways participants in opportunities and resources.
- Plan and execute Chicago Track Workshops (Fall-Winter) and other professional development and training opportunities.
- Oversee outreach and career services to participants in other Free Spirit Media programs, including but not limited to: In-School, The Real Chicago, News South, News West and Hoops High.
- Builds partnerships with local film, TV and media employers in support of internship and learning opportunities.
- Maintains internal database of industry contacts, placements and outcomes.
- Work with Program Manager to support program design, event coordination, and community and partner engagement.
- Lead the recruitment, placement, development, and reporting efforts for Flash Forward, Industry Pathways’ Summer Internship and Fellowship program.
- Planning and executing Professional Development workshops (resume, job and interview preparedness, personal pitching) for Industry Pathways, Flash Forward and other FSM programs throughout the year.
- Develop and implement programmatic framework/ case management strategy with Program Manager to provide coaching to current and alumni members in developing ongoing career pathways, pursuing short term and long term employment opportunities and reaching personal and professional goals.
- Connect participants to a network of internship, workforce, freelance, and community partners in the film and media, workforce development sectors.
- Supporting the cultivation of relationships and partnerships with media and film industry professionals and organizations to serve as mentors, guest speakers, event hosts, and advisory committee members.
- Supporting the Program Manager in deepening engagement and activation of alumni “Trailblazer” network
- Support collection and organization of evaluation data collection, surveys and assist in preparation of grant and organizational required reporting.
- Function as point of contact for information and troubleshooting for year-round and summer workforce funding partners.
- Represent FSM in external settings to other organizations through conferences, workshops, and community events.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.