About Face Theatre’s Mission is to create exceptional, innovative and adventurous theatre and educational programming that advances the national dialogue on sexual and gender identity, and challenges and entertains audiences in Chicago and beyond.
Our vision is to be a nationally recognized, intergenerational, and community-focused LGBTQIA arts organization by creating theatre that fosters awareness, understanding and celebration of all forms of sexual and gender expression.
The Company Management Intern is supervised by the Managing Director and works closely with the Artistic Director and Production Manager. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in gathering information for programs, bios, etc.
- Assisting the Managing Director and Production Manager in routing contracts and tax forms
- Assisting the Artistic Director in scheduling flights and arranging housing for out of town artists
- Retrieving the weekly settlement check
- Monitoring, entering and confirming all cast/crew/creative ticket requests
- Assisting the Managing Director in bookkeeping and general operations
- Assisting in updating daily ticket reports
- Assisting the Managing Director in preparing weekly show payroll, in addition to payroll for smaller workshops and readings
- Assisting the Production Manager in preparing overhire payroll
- Attending special About Face Theatre events and assist as needed
- Assisting with rehearsal space rentals, as needed
- Helping with office-wide projects